Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Who is Kari Lynn?




I was born in San Gabriel California, August 30, 1960.  My parents moved to Twain Harte California in 1963.  Growing up in a small town made me appreciate all things, from the smell of the fresh air, the sweetness of the fresh water lakes we swam in every summer, the open wilderness (adjacent Yosemite National Park) that created freedom and imagination, the rope swing cabled between to large cedar trees (that my father and brothers conjured up) that we would swing on for hours, the brush on the hill that we would play hide and go seek all day, and best of all the simplicity of life.  Except for the lack of health and wellness for BOTH of my parents.  My mother had Rheumatoid Arthritis and was in pain all of my life and my father who had a mental breakdown when I was two and never really recovered.  Both of whom I learned a tremendous amount of life lessons.  I appreciated my mothers integris work ethic as she got up every morning, in pain, and went to work, Pacific Lumber Company as a top secretary and my father was in the constant investigation of what life is about.  I never quite embraced compassion and acknowledgement of my parents until I had kids of my own.
4 kids, (3 daughters and 1 son), 2 grandsons, 3 granddaughters (SO FAR) and my husband has 5 sons and  2 grandchildren.(SO FAR)  We have been touched and inspired by all of them.  I also became humbled by the giving that it takes to be a parent.  Something that can't be explained until you are in the middle of raising children. Especially motherhood.......This says it all....





A little boy asked his mother, "Why are you crying?" "Because I'm a woman," she told him.

"I don't understand," he said. His Mom just hugged him and said, "And you never will."

Later the little boy asked his father, "Why does mother seem to cry for no reason?"

"All women cry for no reason," was all his dad could say.

The little boy grew up and became a man, still wondering why women cry.

Finally he put in a call to God. When God got on the phone, he asked,

"God, why do women cry so easily?"

God said, "When I made the woman she had to be special.

I made her shoulders strong enough to carry the weight of the world, yet gentle enough to give comfort.

I gave her an inner strength to endure childbirth and the rejection that many times comes from her children.

I gave her a hardness that allows her to keep going when everyone else gives up, and take care of her family through sickness and fatigue without complaining.

I gave her the sensitivity to love her children under any and all circumstances, even when her child has hurt her very badly.

I gave her strength to carry her husband through his faults and fashioned her from his rib to protect his heart.

I gave her wisdom to know that a good husband never hurts his wife, but sometimes tests her strengths and her resolve to stand beside him And finally, I gave her a tear to shed. This is hers exclusively to use whenever it is needed."

"You see my son," said God, "the beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair.

The beauty of a woman must be seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart the
place where love resides."

 So my passion in this life is to have the conversation about health and wellness and my subjects will include: 
1.) Love
2.) Spirit
3.) Family
4.) Physical
5.) Meta physical
6.) Healing  
7.) Vibrations
8.) Nutrition
9.) Environmental
10.) Community    

Another very important time of my life was when I was married to my very precious 2nd husband "Greg Kelly".  We were on top of the world going for dreams, had one daughter together "Brittney" who was 2 1/2 and I was pregnant with our son "Gregory" I had a 14 year daughter "Zanna" and a 12 year old daughter "Alaina" from my first marrage. We were in the middle of building our dream house in Timber Cove California, right on the bluff of the Wild Sonoma Coast when suddenly Greg caught a cold, which turned into the flu, then pneumonia, then his back started to go out and he could not walk, then he started sweating in our bed...(I mean drenched the bed within hours after I would change the sheets).....
at the age of 32 he started the rough road of finding out he had a rare disease (Acute Lympho blastic leukemia).  He passed away 9 months later.  So fast......this also taught me to investigate into prevention.  How to avoid disease, keep out of the sickness industry be in the wellness industry.  I have learned so much and I am still learning, because new information is being provided daily.

The #1 thing that I have learned and want to share is that we as individuals need to take RESPONSIBLITY OF OUR BODYS and to teach our families to do the same.  How can we do this? 

1.) Nutrition (what are we eating and feeding to our children?)
2.) Exercise (Energy creates energy)
3.) Reading (what are we feeding our minds? which creates our thoughts which creates our world)
4.) Social and Community (Studies show that human beings need community, connection and social interaction)
5.) Education (being willing to grow constantly)
6.) Activites ( playing and having fun creates Endorphins)



Endorphins
Endorphins are endogenous opioid peptides that function as neurotransmitters. They are produced by the pituitary gland and the hypothalamus in vertebrates during exercise, excitement, pain, consumption ... Wikipedia
7.) Intimacy & pleasure (love and affection)
 
As I grow and learn my blog will expand.  I hope that as that happens I can contribute to others.
 

 

).

No comments:

Post a Comment